I am home… but currently sitting thru a loooooong (41 mins and counting) conference call for work. The good news is i can still blog, surf blogshop, msn chat and watch gossip girl (on mute) because i am at home =)!
Archive for April, 2010
I can’t concentrate on my work!
The past two weeks has been hectic and life changing for me and my family. It is very unfortunate that my father has to bid farewell to all of us at such a young age and under such circumstances. The help and support that was extended to us during the difficult time is honestly above and beyond. There is no words that I can use to express the gratitude my family and I received from the management and staff.
In terms of independence, my daddy always tell me “why depend on others when you can depend on yourself”. This statement is very true but during the times when you truly are not able to depend on yourself, we are very fortunate to have people like Benson, Ricky, Lynda, Eric, Sonia, Cally and all others that had extended help.
The earliest memory of you was on my first day to kindergarten. I was four and excited. Got up as early as you had to for work, all dressed up in my checkered pinafore, all excited. I remembered as you watched me fondly smiling, you were probably thinking that your little girl is growing up already.
Then there was the time we were in New Zealand for holiday. I was around 7. Once we had a nice dinner that was not indo-mie, you ordered T-bone steak, I said I wanted the same. Mom was like “are you sure?”. So when the steak came, I was 1″ thick and you had to cut up my steak for me.. hahaha. I tell Yongfeng that all the time. This is what my daddy does for me, and this is what you have to do to measure up.
I remember just two weeks ago in Singapore. While waiting for mom in the alteration shop, you went with Yongfeng to buy fruits. Halfway eating your pineapple you just dropped the whole thing in the floor. What a sight!. I think I laughed the loudest. Hard to believe that that was only two weeks ago.
I remember all the times I would go to Venetian to shop and I would see you standing there at the West Gate, looking at your “empire”. Chatting with your subordinates. How I look up to you. I can still imagine you standing out there in the cold, trying to help people out with their jobs. The outpour of emotions yesterday was amazing at the same time touching. People that has worked with you before or had crossed paths with you had nothing but praises. All were in shock that this can happen to a man so loved in such a short time. It just goes to show what a great man you were and how you had touched many people’s lives in many ways.
There are many treasured memories of us and these are all I have of you now. I was glad I had that ROM last year. I was glad that you had the chance to give me away, although you say you can never “give” me away so to speak. I was glad I chose the song My Girl for our march in as I feel it really relates to our relationship as father and daughter. You have worked hard all your life to give us 3 girls the luxury that you can afford the best you can. I know you are tired. Daddy’s little girl has grown up. Let me take over your responsibilities of taking care of mom and Mady. In a way I think you had brought me up to take this responsibility. You have always been harder on me than Mady, I am not angry with that. I appreciate it. Daddy, it’s ok to take a rest. Let me handle the rest.
I love you, Daddy. forever and always 🙂
This is a total vanity post just cos i feel like it! HAHAZ…and it’s called stuffs in my handbag =) also known as my stuffs that i can’t live without.
1. Dirty Ol’ Pouch – Bought in Patpong in Bangkok around 4 years back. I love it cos it’s so soft and smelly and useful. Usually houses my iPhone charger, office keys and an extra piece of SD card for my camera.
2. Geeky Glass-less Glasses – Bought from China for 2 bucks, last CNY when i was there. Never left my side since. hahaz. I like the way it changes my look and also how it irritates the hell out of my colleagues (marcial!) who can’t resist the temptation of poking thru my glasses. hahaha. eat your heart out!
3. Shure In-Ear Monitors – Cost me a bomb but how can a techie-music snob-audiophile be on-the-go without a pair of good in-ear monitors? I even have the airplane in-flight jack so that i do not need to use the lousy-headache inducing contraption-disguised-as-headphones they provide in the airplane. As if the change in air pressure is not enough.
4. Mango “Blue Envelope” Card Holder – To keep all those plastics that did not make it into the honor roll of my wallet (don’t worry, i know you are just as important).
5. Ribbon Scrungy – On extremely hot days (happens quite often) you will see the importance of this tiny little thing.
6. Gucci Wallet – Need i say more?
7. iPhone – the iPod, email, facebook, Angry Birds, Apple Safari, worspress, twitter… oh and it’s a phone
8. Body Shop Comb – to keep my tresses shinny all the time
9. Eiffel Tower Tissue Pouch – from Taiwan. It’s troublesome but it’s cute.
10. Aviator Shades – saves me from squinting on sunny days and i think it makes me look cool. bleah!